Call issues

Todd Hodgen

Mar 31, 2022, 3:06:00 AM3/31/22
to sipxcom-users

Working through a call issue, hoping someone may have done similar and know some tricks that I might be working

Scenario – sipXcom server at a host location.   From that host location to a remote location I have a VPN Connection.   I have about 15 polycom phones that seem to work fine and without issue calling from phone to phone at the remote location or at the host location.

At the remote location, I have installed a Audiocodes MP118 FXS gateway.   When I dial a Polycom phone at the host location from an analog phone on the Audiocodes, the call is completed and terminated normally.  Same results calling from a Polycom at the Host location to one of the analog phones on the audiocodes.  When I call from an analog phone on the audiocodes to one of the Polycom’s at the remote location – call rings, but when I attempt to answer it I can’t answer on the Polycom.

What is see is the invite from the Audiocodes to the proxy, then an invite to the Polycom.  Polycom sends back ringing.  Prack is sent back from Audiocodes to Proxy, which sends to the Polycom.  Polycom answers with an OK, multiple times, but no ack is returned from the Audiocodes.

Thoughts?  I can forward captures of a call to the host Polycom what worked okay, and a failed call to a remote Polycom if anyone wants to review them privately.

Thanks in advance.

Todd R. Hodgen

Iuliu Blaga

Mar 31, 2022, 5:59:55 AM3/31/22
to Todd Hodgen, sipxcom-users
AFAIK PRACK should be disabled as it breaks communications in some scenarios. We usually recommend disabling PRACK on Audiocodes and Polycoms as well (via custom config file).

Iuliu Blaga
Sr. Support Engineer

Todd Hodgen

Mar 31, 2022, 12:45:33 PM3/31/22
to Iuliu Blaga, sipxcom-users
Ok, thanks.  Thanks, I'll try that change.

sent using my two left twiddling thumbs