package sipxecs vs sipxcom

Elwin Formsma

Mar 25, 2016, 5:49:19 AM3/25/16
to sipxcom-dev
Hi,

there are 2 packages in the source right now, sipxecs and sipxcom. They seem almost identical to me which makes me believe sipxcom was put there to replace sipxecs. However they are both still being built and included.
Is it correct to assume we dont need the 'sipxecs' package anymore?

Kind regards,

Elwin

George Niculae

Mar 28, 2016, 3:08:06 AM3/28/16
to Elwin Formsma, sipxcom-dev
Hi Elwin,

that's correct, sipxecs is deprecated, though I didn't mark it as obsolete and remove it yet.

George

Elwin Formsma

Apr 6, 2016, 2:33:25 AM4/6/16
to George Niculae, sipxcom-dev
Hi George,

Doesnt seem to work with just the sipxcom package either ;-)
Installation failures. Guess ill just leave it be for now.

Elwin

Gerald Drouillard

Dec 23, 2019, 12:41:07 PM12/23/19
to sipxcom-dev
If you accidentally do a yum install sipxecs instead of sipxcom, you will get a dependency issue with a freeswitch codex in 19.08