FAQ update for database reset

Todd Hodgen

Dec 14, 2018, 9:48:05 PM12/14/18
to sipxcom-dev
The old steps for doing a complete database reset calls for removing all files in /var/lib/mongodb.  It appears the directory is no longer used.  Is it all now stored in /var/liv/Mongolia?

Or, can someone provide the reset steps and I will update the FAQ?

sent by my two left twiddling thumbs...

Todd Hodgen

Dec 15, 2018, 4:49:43 AM12/15/18
to Todd Hodgen, sipxcom-dev

Sorry spell check.  Is it now stored in /var/lib/mongo/*

Using the old list, I kept having issues on initial startup, when it asked for the new password, I’d enter it, and then it returned that the username superadmin was already in use.

I did go ahead and do a reset again, but used this a removal of /var/lib/mongo/* and it seemed to have resolved this issue.   I think that confirms for me that it is in a new directory.  I am curious if there are any other changes that should be incorporated for a database reset?   Would that change in directory be for 18.04 and newer?

Michael Picher

Dec 15, 2018, 6:52:23 AM12/15/18
to Todd Hodgen, sipxcom-dev
Yes, we were just talking about this procedure yesterday... We'll get it updated.

Thanks,
  Mike

Michael Picher, VP of Product Management
eZuce, Inc.

300 Brickstone Square

Suite 104

Andover, MA. 01810

Notice: This transmittal and/or attachments may be privileged or confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee(s) named above. Any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmittal in error, please notify us immediately by reply and immediately delete this message and all its attachments. Thank you.

Todd Hodgen

Dec 15, 2018, 2:00:44 PM12/15/18
to Michael Picher, sipxcom-dev
Thanks Mike.