sipXtapi accepted into Debian, soon Ubuntu

Daniel Pocock

May 6, 2013, 2:53:51 AM5/6/13
to si...@googlegroups.com

The sipXtapi package (based on the test tarball) has been accepted into Debian

It is currently in the unstable catalog, after a cooling off period it will automatically propagate to the testing catalog, Ubuntu's next release (maybe 6 months) and the next stable Debian release (maybe 2 years, given that Debian 7 released on Saturday)

This is the link to the package (the web version of the catalog is still updating, should be OK in a few hours):

http://packages.debian.org/src:sipxtapi

Would someone be able to add that link to the web site?

Anybody wanting to use the package can just do:

apt-get install libsipxtapi

The reSIProcate (recon) packages will automatically install it as a dependency in the next release to Debian.

This is based on the ~test9 tarball from my branch.  It includes a handful of bug fixes (one line changes) and the revised top-level build system, it should be fully ABI and API compatible to what is currently in SVN.

The README.Debian file explains the situation with forks of this project, I have tried to include links to all the official pages (web, mail, SVN):

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-voip/sipxtapi.git;a=blob;f=debian/libsipxtapi.README.Debian;hb=HEAD