Jitter on SipXmedia

Nauman Sulaiman

Apr 18, 2012, 11:43:34 AM4/18/12
to si...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We are using the latest recon code on a number of platforms. We would like to know how stable
the jitter buffer implementation is. We have found outbound RTP audio is clear at remote end.
Inbound audio is also good if jitter on the network is low. In poor network conditions we have noticed
for example on an Android handset that inbound audio replicates the audio on the 'line'. We captured
the RTP packets and also file logged audio after MprDecode and compared and they are almost identical
so it seems no real jitter buffering is being done.

Does the jitter buffer implementation work? If so is there anything that needs to be done to adjust it etc?
Currently we are just using the code out of the box.

Thanks