Re: general question SipDroid usage

mpk...@juno.com

Mar 16, 2012, 2:30:11 PM3/16/12
to sipdroi...@googlegroups.com
I don't have cell service on my "cell phone".  If you can figure out if you can pay for a PBXES account (www.pbxes.org) that allows you to link to google voice, then you could use sipdroid on your android phone to make calls over wifi.

Another option is some sort of adapter which i believe I looked up and was about 50 USD.  I believe it is called an OBi100 voip adapter.  If I understand correctly you set up a google voice account and this somehow is able to connect to it to make and receive phone calls.

Sorry I don't have more details; this is and area I am not extremely familiar with but you can look into further.  I am sure there are many people who can help you do what you are trying but this hopefully gives you some direction.