Re: Start/Stop Sipdroid gracefully

mongi3

Jul 8, 2012, 8:06:27 PM7/8/12
to sipdroi...@googlegroups.com
So I've got a build that adds the feature I'm after.  I'll have to see about getting it merged in with the svn version.

On Saturday, July 7, 2012 12:25:51 AM UTC-7, mongi3 wrote:
I'm curious if there is a way to gracefully start/stop sipdroid from another program.  Ideally I'd be able to start the program in the background (without taking over the screen) and do the same to shut it down.

The best way I've seen this done with other apps is though the use of intents.  GrooveIP is an example I've used recently.  It has the following intent setup:

<intent-filter>
<action android:name="com.gvoip.START_GROOVE_IP" />
<action android:name="com.gvoip.STOP_GROOVE_IP" />
</intent-filter>

From another program (something like tasker or llama) I can send either of these intents and it does exactly what I want from sipdroid.

I've checked out the sipdroid manifest and don't see anything similar.  Are there any work arounds that people use?  I'm happy to hack this behavior in myself but wanted to make sure it wasn't already in work or some other easy way to get what I'm after.

Thanks!

mongi3

Jul 24, 2012, 9:12:42 PM7/24/12
to sipdroi...@googlegroups.com
Checkout and build from trunk. r626 has the change http://code.google.com/p/sipdroid/source/list

On Friday, July 20, 2012 8:28:09 AM UTC-7, Brian wrote:
Would really like this feature as well. If you get it successfully merged, please let us know.