ResumeRDF issues - reference & language skills

f...@contend.be

Jul 30, 2016, 5:58:46 AM7/30/16
to SIOC-Dev
When going through the documentation of ResumeRDF, I found some issues.

http://rdfs.org/resume-rdf

The first one is a type.

Class: cv:Refernece

Refernece - CV entry for references

in-range-of:cv:hasReference
in-domain-of:cv:referenceBy

This should be cv:Reference, instead of cv:Refernece
All other reference properties & classes use the correct spelling of reference.

I also have an issue with Language.
I think this part is not completed yet.
I don't see how I can connect a languageskill with a Person, as their is currently no hasLanguageSkill property.

http://rdfs.org/resume-rdf/#term_LanguageSkill

It is clear that I can specify my skill level with cv:lngSkillLevelReading & cv:lngSkillLevelWritten

I see the creator mentions on cv:LanguageSkill : Inherited skill level used for spoken.
This is unclear for me as there is no lngSkillLevelSpoken

Another thing that is unclear is how I attach a language to this.
I speak three languages and have no idea on how to specify them atm.

in foaf, the language property is missing as well.
It is however present in vcard. (vcard:language)

https://www.w3.org/TR/vcard-rdf/#d4e969

What I would propose:

  <h2>Languages</h2>

<h3 property="cv:lngSkillCode" content="en">English<h3>

And I would use BCP 47 for language codes

Regards, Frederik.