viewed_by

Melvin Carvalho

Mar 9, 2015, 2:15:31 PM3/9/15
to sioc...@googlegroups.com
I've been looking for a term which has become increasingly popular in social systems to see who has viewed what.

Sioc already has : http://rdfs.org/sioc/ns#num_views

But I was unable to find "viewed_by" or "read_by"

Perhaps something that could be added or extended?

Breslin, John

Mar 9, 2015, 5:46:51 PM3/9/15
to sioc...@googlegroups.com
That's a great idea Melvin – I've added it to additions for next version, which I need to make soon!!

John

--
I am on a six-month sabbatical from teaching and admin activities between 1 January and 30 June 2015.
My inbox will become a bit of a black hole during this time as I concentrate on my research activities.

Dr John Breslin http://linkd.in/johnbreslin http://twitter.com/johnbreslin
Senior Lecturer, Electronic Engineering, NUI Galway http://www.nuigalway.ie
Researcher, Social Semantic Web, Insight Centre for Data Analytics http://insight-centre.org

An Dr Seán Ó Breasláin http://twitter.com/seanobreaslain
Léachtóir Sinsearach, Innealtóireacht Leictreonach, ÓE Gaillimh http://www.oegaillimh.ie
Taighdeoir, Social Semantic Web, Ionad Anailísíochta Sonraí Insight http://insight-centre.org

Melvin Carvalho

Mar 9, 2015, 5:49:17 PM3/9/15
to sioc...@googlegroups.com
On 9 March 2015 at 22:46, Breslin, John <john.b...@nuigalway.ie> wrote:
That's a great idea Melvin – I've added it to additions for next version, which I need to make soon!!

Thanks!

Uldis Bojars

Mar 9, 2015, 7:55:32 PM3/9/15
to SIOC-Dev
A great idea, indeed! :)

To all: any other changes that SIOC might need?

Uldis

Melvin Carvalho

Mar 11, 2015, 6:56:49 AM3/11/15
to sioc...@googlegroups.com
On 10 March 2015 at 00:55, Uldis Bojars <capt...@gmail.com> wrote:
A great idea, indeed! :)

To all: any other changes that SIOC might need?

I'd like to see chat rooms, which are becoming more popular these days, modelled.  Is SIOC the right place?

I think ChatChannel is already there and may fit the bill.  There is an InstantMessage class too.

However what's missing is a roster.  Sometimes a user will be part of a thread without ever having typed a message.

Is there a way in SIOC to do something like "member" or "has_participant" etc.

Alexandre Passant

Mar 11, 2015, 7:02:40 AM3/11/15
to sioc...@googlegroups.com
Alexandre Passant, Ph.D. // http://ie.linkedin.com/in/apassant
Co-founder, CEO @ http://mdg.io  // Product lead @ http://seevl.fm
Dogpatch Labs, Dublin, Ireland // +353.86.793.6500

Melvin Carvalho

Mar 11, 2015, 7:14:53 AM3/11/15
to sioc...@googlegroups.com
On 11 March 2015 at 12:02, Alexandre Passant <al...@seevl.fm> wrote:

Got it.  Thanks

So would I have to go:

1. ChatChannel -> UserGroup -> has_member
2. ChatChannel -> has_meber
3. Other

☮ elf Pavlik ☮

Apr 3, 2015, 6:51:08 AM4/3/15
to sioc...@googlegroups.com
I see it very relevant to work done in W3C Social WG/IG on Activity
Streams 2.0 Vocabulary
* http://www.w3.org/TR/activitystreams-vocabulary/#dfn-read

As well as schema.org
* http://schema.org/ReadAction

In schema.org github you can find issue related to interactions and
counters for them:
* https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/137

I would think of *read_by* as a container with members of type
"ReadAction" and num_reads as count of its members...

HTH

signature.asc

Melvin Carvalho

Oct 13, 2018, 1:14:37 PM10/13/18
to sioc...@googlegroups.com
So it looks like this term didnt quite make it.

Is there a summary of the thought process behind this?

I prefer the shapes in sioc th thos in activity streams.

HTH

Melvin Carvalho

Oct 13, 2018, 1:22:29 PM10/13/18
to sioc...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, 3 Apr 2015 at 12:51, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetua...@wwelves.org> wrote:
This is not like for like :

{
  "@context": "https://www.w3.org/ns/activitystreams",
  "summary": "Sally read a blog post",
  "type": "Read",
  "actor": {
    "type": "Person",
    "name": "Sally"
  },
  "object": "http://example.org/posts/1"
}

Is the example in activity streams, which is a completely different use case.

The Read Class use case, as covered above is something in an activity stream.  For example you click on facebook and it says "Dan just liked your Post" -- thats an activity.  Its a time oriented list of actions.

The time invariant version of this would be Post is liked by soic : num_views people, liked_by : Dan, Elf, Alice

I'm noticing the same issue in schema.org -- i tried to find a bookmark item.  Easy, you'd think right?  But no, it only has a BookmarkAction -- which is like a BookmarkActivty.

I think it's worth delineating these two use cases.

As such, would it be possible to get viewed_by back on the radar, or would you recommend finding a home for it elsewhere?