Error message enquiry on script file pressure-buildup\pressure_buildup_dual_porosity.m

Xxx Nkeng George Elambo

Jun 26, 2024, 12:08:28 PM (4 days ago) Jun 26
to MRST-users: The Matlab Reservoir Simulation Toolbox User Group
Dear MRST team,

In trying to simulate pressure buildup in fractured Aquifers during CO2 storage operations, I came across a script file titled  "pressure-buildup\pressure_buildup_dual_porosity.m". The example in the book explains a water and gas model.  I noticed that in line 25, the phases were defined for Water and Oil ('WO') as follows;

fluid_fracture = initSimpleADIFluid('phases', 'WO',...
'c', [1e-10,0],...
'rho', [rhow,rhoco2],...
'mu', [1,0.04]*centi*poise);

So, I tried restructuring the model with fluid_fracture = initSimpleADIFluid('phases', 'WG',...
'c', [1e-10,0],...
'rho', [rhow,rhoco2],...
'mu', [1,0.04]*centi*poise);
but I received an error message which I will attached to this email.

Please, I am curious to know why the phases were defined for a water and oil system ('WO') and not ('WG') in this case ?

error message .png

XiuWei Liu

Jun 26, 2024, 2:42:32 PM (4 days ago) Jun 26
to MRST-users: The Matlab Reservoir Simulation Toolbox User Group
Hi,

This example uses TwoPhaseOilWaterModel in which phases are defined as 'WO' in the fluid structure.
And TwoPhaseOilWaterModel is for a immiscible two-phases (water and oil) flow, so you can change the oil properties (density and viscosity) into gas properties to simulate water-gas problem but still 'WO' is defined in the fluid structure.

Best regards,
Xiuwei

Xxx Nkeng George Elambo

Jun 27, 2024, 6:38:19 AM (3 days ago) Jun 27
to MRST-users: The Matlab Reservoir Simulation Toolbox User Group
Thank you very much for this clarification, this helps me proceed with my analysis.
Please I just have a follow up question. Does the TwoPhaseWaterGasModel simulate immiscible two phase fluids as well ?

Kind regards,
George.

Olav Møyner

Jun 27, 2024, 6:39:16 AM (3 days ago) Jun 27
to Xxx Nkeng George Elambo, MRST-users: The Matlab Reservoir Simulation Toolbox User Group
Hi George,

Yes, the two-phase water gas model is also immiscible.

Best regards,
Olav

Jun 27, 2024, 9:24:35 AM (3 days ago) Jun 27
to MRST-users: The Matlab Reservoir Simulation Toolbox User Group
Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help.

Kind regards,
George.