mesh limitation

GABRIEL MARTINS CAVALCANTI FEITOSA

May 28, 2024, 8:44:59 AMMay 28
to MRST-users: The Matlab Reservoir Simulation Toolbox User Group
good morning, i would like to know if the compositionalExample3DSixComponents example really has a mesh size limitation? the original mesh in the example is 20x20x2. I tried to run a case with an 80x80x4 mesh and it failed, the solver couldn't converge. Is there really such a limitation in this particular example?

Olav Møyner

May 28, 2024, 8:47:29 AMMay 28
to MRST-users: The Matlab Reservoir Simulation Toolbox User Group, GABRIEL MARTINS CAVALCANTI FEITOSA
Hi,

The script is set up without automatic timestepping. The timesteps used are likely too coarse for a refined run. You can either reduce the timestep (7*day in rampupTimesteps) or you can set up automatic timestepping:
nls = getNonLinearSolver(model)
simulateSchedule(..., 'NonLinearSolver', nls)

Either version should resolve your convergence issues, I think. Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Olav