Flow based upscaling of Permeability

Jasper

May 14, 2024, 9:05:36 AMMay 14
to MRST-users: The Matlab Reservoir Simulation Toolbox User Group
Hi All,

I am a new MRST user. I need to do the flow based upscaling of permeability. I am using this https://www.sintef.no/projectweb/mrst/modules/upscaling/single-phase-upscaling/ example code to execute this task. For that, I have already exported the grdecl file from petrel and loaded in MRST. When I tried to run the following code:

%%
try
require upscaling coarsegrid
catch %#ok<CTCH>
mrstModule add upscaling coarsegrid
end
verbose = true;
%%
G = readGRDECL("C:\Users\44772\Desktop\GmgV1\GmgV1.GRDECL");
display(G)
%% The coarse grid
upscaled = [50 50 50];
G_ups = cartGrid(upscaled, cellDims);
G_ups = computeGeometry(G_ups);

I'm getting the this error:

>> G_ups     = cartGrid(upscaled, cellDims);
Not enough input arguments.

Error in cellDims (line 34)
n = numel(ix);

Could you please have a look and suggest what should I do?

Best wishes,
Shakhawat
GmgV1.zip

Bård Skaflestad

May 14, 2024, 9:16:11 AMMay 14
to Jasper, MRST-users: The Matlab Reservoir Simulation Toolbox User Group
Thank you for your interest in MRST.

Your script does not show if you have a variable named 'cellDims' in your environment.  If you do not, then the statement

    G_ups = cartGrid(upscaled, cellDims)

will, undesirably, include a call to MRST's built-in function 'cellDims' (fullfile(ROOTDIR, 'utils', 'cellDims.m')) and that function expects to be called with two parameters—an existing MRST grid and list of cell indices for which to compute the (X,Y,Z) cell extents/physical dimensions.

If that is not what you intended to do, then I suggest creating an actual variable named 'cellDims' with the real physical dimensions of your upscaled grid.  Otherwise, you should pass the real parameters to into the 'cellDims' function instead.

Best Regards,

Bård Skaflestad

MRST Developer
SINTEF Digital, Mathematics & Cybernetics
Applied Computational Science group