Carbon dioxide sequestration chemical reaction

Δημήτριος

May 21, 2024, 4:30:48 AMMay 21
to MRST-users: The Matlab Reservoir Simulation Toolbox User Group
Dear Team,
I have a question and I'd appreciate everyone's guidance.
I'm working on CO2 sequestration, and the reservoir lithology is mainly carbonate rock. During the injection of CO2, the CO2 dissolves in the formation water, forming an acidic solution. This acidic solution reacts with the carbonate rock, causing it to dissolve, which in turn changes the porosity and permeability of the reservoir. I would like to know if the CO2 sequestration module in MRST takes this effect into account? Thank you.

Best regards,
Matt