Is Facebook moving away from people ?

Niranjan Meegammana

Nov 19, 2019, 6:14:54 AM11/19/19
to INTERNETSOCIETY...@connectedcommunity.org, Social Media Working Group, sinhala...@googlegroups.com, Exco
Friends ?
We use facebook pages for several of our community projects for sharing information, events and media. We have got this same message in all pages including the page. I think it's very confusing to use facebook now as they are not transparent enough.  Are there other social networks we can move our communities ? Or should we focus building and promoting local social networks?

With my experience people follow content and people not networks. What happened to Yahoo is an example.  I wonder if this is happening in other countries ? or only in Sri Lanka? Check your pages Activity > Page quality and comment.

Thanks
/niranjan

Screenshot_20191119-161855.png
Screenshot_20191119-162205.png
Screenshot_20191119-162410.png
Screenshot_20191119-161754.png
Screenshot_20191119-161928.png
Screenshot_20191119-161823.png
Screenshot_20191119-162020.png
Screenshot_20191119-162314.png

Niranjan Meegammana

Nov 20, 2019, 2:39:36 AM11/20/19
to Mahee Kirindigoda, INTERNETSOCIETY...@connectedcommunity.org, Social Media Working Group, sinhala...@googlegroups.com, Exco
Now it says "Your page has no breaches"
They must test their software before going live

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 6:42 PM Mahee Kirindigoda <mahe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Niranjan

I have noticed this and investigated, This is not a issue that happened to Sri lankan geography. I attached one of my clients account screenshot in Paris for your information.
As tried to get more information in this regard,  I found that Facebook is updating their Inauthentic Behavior Policy.

Coordinated inauthentic behavior is defined by Facebook as “when groups of pages or people work together to mislead others about who they are or what they’re doing,”

Hope after this update there will be some termination of accounts, pages and groups as happened in UAE, Egypt, Nigeria and Indonesia in October.  It is said that this moves came as social media firms such as Facebook and Twitter face increasing scrutiny by governments outside the United States.

french.jpg

--
Mahee Kirindigoda

--