SingularityCE 3.8.0 Release Candidate 1 is now available at: https://github.com/sylabs/singularity/releases/tag/v3.8.0-rc.1
This is the first release candidate for SingularityCE 3.8.0, the
Community Edition of the Singularity container runtime hosted at https://github.com/sylabs/singularity.
Changed defaults / behaviours
New features / functionalities
- The package name for this release is now singularity-ce. This name is used for the source tarball, output of an rpmbuild, and displayed in --version information.
- The name of the top level directory in the source tarball from make dist now includes the version string.
- A new overlay command allows creation and addition of writable overlays.
- Administrators can allow named users/groups to use specific CNI network configurations. Managed by directives in
- The build command now honors --nv, --rocm, and --bind flags, permitting builds that require GPU access or files bound in
from the host.
- A library service hostname can be specified as the first component of a library:// URL.
- Singularity is now relocatable for unprivileged installations only.
Testing / Development
- Respect http proxy server environment variables in key operations.
- When pushing SIF images to oras:// endpoints, work around Harbor & GitLab failure to accept the SifConfigMediaType.
- Avoid a setfsuid compilation warning on some gcc versions.
- Fix a crash when silent/quiet log levels used on pulls from shub:// and http(s):// URIs.
- Wait for dm device to appear when mounting an encrypted container rootfs.
Testing changes are not generally itemized. However, developers and
contributors should note that this release has modified the behavior
of make test for ease of use:
Thanks / Reporting Bugs
- make test runs limited unit and integration tests that will not require docker hub credentials.
- make testall runs the full unit/integration/e2e test suite that requires docker credentials to be set with E2E_DOCKER_USERNAME and E2E_DOCKER_PASSWORD environment variables.
Thanks to our contributors for code, feedback and, testing efforts!
Please report any bugs to: https://github.com/sylabs/singularity/issues/new
If you think that you've discovered a security vulnerability please report it to: secu...@sylabs.io