[SingSong] Windows 7 issue

andow2

Apr 18, 2010, 1:36:55 PM4/18/10
to singthegame
Has anyone got the game to work with windows 7?

Mine looks like it is going to launch...java launches and then
disappears and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Nate

Apr 19, 2010, 5:24:14 AM4/19/10
to singthegame
Hi,

Sorry you are having trouble. It is working for me on Windows 7. My
Java was a few versions old so I updated to the latest (Java 1.6
update 20) and it still works. Try this:

1) Go to Start -> Run (or just press Windows + R).
2) Type: %appdata%\singsong
3) Press OK.
4) In the window that opens, you will find a file called
"singsong.log". Please post it here, or open it with a text editor
(Notepad) and post the contents.

Let me know how that goes and we'll go from there. :)

Thanks!
-Nate

andow2

Apr 28, 2010, 1:12:00 PM4/28/10
to singthegame
I don't have a singsong.log in there, just the following:

links
singsong.config
Stats

andow2

Apr 28, 2010, 1:29:26 PM4/28/10
to singthegame
Ok, just found the singsong.log in the install directory

00:00 INFO: 18:18:12 BST, 28 April 2010
00:00 INFO: SingSong v2.46, Java 1.6.0_20 Sun Microsystems Inc. on
Windows 7 6.1 x86
05:08 INFO: 8 microphones detected.
05:08 WARN: QuickTime audio playback is not available.
05:08 INFO: Display mode: 1360 x 768
05:08 ERROR: Unhandled exception.
05:08 ERROR:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Function is not supported
at org.lwjgl.BufferChecks.checkFunctionAddress(BufferChecks.java:64)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL11.glMatrixMode(GL11.java:1961)
at
org.newdawn.slick.opengl.renderer.ImmediateModeOGLRenderer.initDisplay(ImmediateModeOGLRenderer.java:
46)
at org.newdawn.slick.GameContainer.initGL(GameContainer.java:663)
at org.newdawn.slick.GameContainer.initSystem(GameContainer.java:688)
at
singsong.game.SingSongGameContainer.<init>(SingSongGameContainer.java:
64)
at singsong.game.SingSongGame$1.run(SingSongGame.java:240)
at singsong.game.SingSongGame.main(SingSongGame.java:268)
at singsong.organizer.StartScreen$1$1.run(StartScreen.java:56)
05:09 INFO: Exiting...

Nate

May 2, 2010, 7:38:05 PM5/2/10
to singthegame
Hi,

Thanks for posting the error. I have made an update that may fix this
problem for you. Can you try downloading and running the game again?
Let me know how that works. If it doesn't, we can try something else.

Thanks!
-Nate

andow2

May 3, 2010, 8:36:59 AM5/3/10
to singthegame
Hi,

yep, that fixed it.

Brilliant game by the way and top class support.

Ignore the other idiots, they are just out to make trouble.

Keep up the good work

Paul

On May 3, 12:38 am, Nate <ad...@singthegame.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for posting the error. I have made an update that may fix this
> problem for you. Can you try downloading and running the game again?
> Let me know how that works. If it doesn't, we can try something else.
>
> Thanks!
> -Nate
>
> On Apr 28, 10:29 am, andow2 <and...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>

> > Ok, just found the singsong.log in the install directory
>
> > 00:00  INFO: 18:18:12 BST, 28 April 2010
> > 00:00  INFO: SingSong v2.46, Java 1.6.0_20 Sun Microsystems Inc. on
> > Windows 7 6.1 x86
> > 05:08  INFO: 8 microphones detected.
> > 05:08  WARN: QuickTime audio playback is not available.
> > 05:08  INFO: Display mode: 1360 x 768
> > 05:08 ERROR: Unhandled exception.
> > 05:08 ERROR:
> > java.lang.IllegalStateException: Function is not supported
> >         at org.lwjgl.BufferChecks.checkFunctionAddress(BufferChecks.java:64)
> >         at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL11.glMatrixMode(GL11.java:1961)
> >         at
> > org.newdawn.slick.opengl.renderer.ImmediateModeOGLRenderer.initDisplay(Imme­diateModeOGLRenderer.java:
> > 46)
> >         at org.newdawn.slick.GameContainer.initGL(GameContainer.java:663)
> >         at org.newdawn.slick.GameContainer.initSystem(GameContainer.java:688)
> >         at
> > singsong.game.SingSongGameContainer.<init>(SingSongGameContainer.java:
> > 64)
> >         at singsong.game.SingSongGame$1.run(SingSongGame.java:240)
> >         at singsong.game.SingSongGame.main(SingSongGame.java:268)
> >         at singsong.organizer.StartScreen$1$1.run(StartScreen.java:56)
> > 05:09  INFO: Exiting...

Nate

May 4, 2010, 5:36:49 PM5/4/10
to singthegame
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the kind words! :) I am very glad that took care of it!

-Nate