Keith Gaunt

May 12, 2012, 10:04:37 PM5/12/12
to singlespe...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys

Just did another beautiful ride with Keegan today out to Duke Point, then further south past Cedar and a ways along Yellowpoint Rd. Absolutely gorgeous day for it, well any day is for a ride in Nanaimo. It occured to me today that I would love to see photos of our bikes posted. So in that spirit I am including one of my Raleigh Twenty, the bike I rode on our first group ride. It was fixed gear then, I swapped the cog out for a freewheel and it has a different chainring now. Still the same old great riding Twenty. Not bad at all for a bike originally intended as a shopper, strictly utilitarian. After 34 years it's still going strong and good for many more miles ahead. I have a few more single speed bikes I'll add photos of later. Good riding guys and let's see those photos!
Raleigh Twenty.JPG

Keegan Metheringham

May 13, 2012, 5:42:51 PM5/13/12
to SingleSpeedNanaimo
Awesome little retro ride Keith!
>  Raleigh Twenty.JPG
> 721KViewDownload

Keegan Metheringham

May 13, 2012, 6:02:35 PM5/13/12
to SingleSpeedNanaimo
This is my 1984 Fuji Del Rey fixed conversion. Fantastic bike to ride. Old quad-butted steel. Very supple and comfortable to ride.

Check my blog: www.wheelcuts.com for more detailed shots and info on this beauty.
DSCF4203.JPG

Keith Gaunt

May 13, 2012, 8:32:44 PM5/13/12
to singlespe...@googlegroups.com
Keegan you really have to take that Fuji out for a spin. How about the next ride when I'm back I'll ride the Rossin, it'll be a great retro duo.

Keegan Metheringham

May 13, 2012, 8:34:32 PM5/13/12
to singlespe...@googlegroups.com
Yeah! For sure . Old lugged steel - although it never really went away we can say we're bringing it back!