Reverse Trans Jerging Day Trek (Fri 21st - Sun 23rd Sept 2012)

Adrian

Aug 14, 2012, 3:07:23 AM8/14/12
to Singapore Trekkers
Hi Peeps,

I guess i will make this a day trip as not only myself, many will have
issues taking leave for September...

NOTE: This is an Advance Mountain Traverse Trek. I expect participants
to have AT LEAST completed Gunung Nuang or more difficult treks.

This trek will be tougher than Nuang with many very steep uphills and
downhills through pristine land! The trail is also TECHNICALLY quite
abit more challenging than Nuang itself.

Estimated trek time: 13 - 16 hours

Your daypack will also be heavier than normal as you will need to
carry proper Rain Gear, Food and up to 2.5L of water at certain points
because the next waterpoint is far away...

Due to the complexity of this trail, this trip there will be a sweeper
behind and a lead in front this time. It is NECESSARY as some parts of
the trail is so overgrown, the trail is almost non-existant!

.
We will first summit Gunung Irau and descend deep into the pristine
valley between Irau and Suku summit where the Secret Garden is
located.

Next we will have to climb up to Gunung Suku's Summit before
descending it to exit Simpang Pulai where our transport will be
waiting for us.

Our transport will then send us to Ipoh where we will check-into a
proper budget hotel and knock out! ONLY 2 PAX SHARING TO A ROOM. :)

The hotel is also located in between AEON and TESCO MALLS! Although i
honestly doubt any of you will have much energy left to do anything
lah.... Hehe...

.
Here are the Pics and Videos of this Trail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH1J0vx2dmg

http://singaporetrekkers.multiply.com/photos/album/65/Trans-Jerging

.
Costing per pax ($183)

.
Group size 12 pax max

.
Included will be

1. Chartered Mini Bus Transport
(Spore - Cameron - Ipoh - Spore)

2. 4x4 or Taxi transfer to Trailhead

3. 1 x Local Restaurant Dinner

4. 1 x Night decent Budget Hotel in Ipoh (Only 2 pax to a room)

.
Meeting time will be on (21st Sept) 9.00 pm at Woodlands MRT (outside
Macdonald's) and we shall proceed to board our chartered bus.

.
ITEMS TO BRING

Valid Passport (At least 6 months validity,VISA,Employment Pass if
necessary)
Headlamp
Personal Whistle
Waterproof all important documents & electronics
Poncho / Raincoat (Mus bring, Very cold if it rains!)
Spare clothes / BATH TOWEL
2.5L drinking water
Insect repellant (SAF type highly recommended)
Personal medication if any (Ventolin etc etc...)
3 x Meals / Snacks along the trail.
For mountain wear trek shoes or kampung adidas, WITH SOCKS PLEASE....

.
For those who have CONFIRMED, please kindly do your transfer within
the next 3 days and notify me via sms (900 400 32) so i can revert.

POSB SAVINGS ACCOUNT (547-10265-7)

Closing date 10th Sept or before when the max of 12 pax is reached.

.
In event of trip cancellation due to insufficient participants,
political unrest, natural disaster or unforeseen circumstances, a full
refund will be done in 3 working days.

.
DISCLAIMER
The above mentioned event/activity is organised purely for social and
recreational purposes. As such, the coordinators WILL NOT be and
CANNOT be held responsible for any mishaps and/or accidents whatsoever
arising from your participation in this event/activity.

.
Thank You!
Adrian

Adrian

Aug 14, 2012, 3:18:45 AM8/14/12
to Singapore Trekkers
9 seats to go...

Hmm.... Most people do this trip camping 2d 1 nit or 3d 2 nit...

Have not seen any day trek trips on the internet as well...

Well... Who knows... We could be the very FIRST group of people to do
the Reverse Day Trek... Hehe...

Adrian

Aug 14, 2012, 3:51:38 AM8/14/12
to Singapore Trekkers
7 seats to go...

Adrian

Aug 14, 2012, 7:57:12 AM8/14/12
to Singapore Trekkers
Trip is full... Will update further in few days if any dropout.