Tabur Xtreme (Fri 18th - Sun 20th May 2012)

Adrian

Apr 19, 2012, 11:24:42 AM4/19/12
to Singapore Trekkers
Hi Peeps,

THIS TREK IS NOT SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE WITH FEAR OF HEIGHTS, also not
suitable for 1st timer to trekking unless you are PHYSICALLY FIT as
fatigue will make this climb very risky.

Trek intensity is about the same as Gunung Datuk so quite easy for
regular trekkers.

.
Bukit Tabur has been all the rage in Singapore for the past 2 years
and i guess 99% of you probably knows about this famous place
already....

As usual we will be staying at Ampang, next to the hotel there are
lotsa food joints, massage places and Ampang Point shopping centre.

The rooms are very clean, spacious and way more comfortable as
compared to similiarly priced hotels in Chinatown... Been there, done
that... Those pigeon holes hotel in Chinatown drives me nut! Haha!

After the trek, we will check-in to wash up then it's free and easy. I
will be checking out some trekking gear shop nearby, if you are keen,
feel free to join me.

At dinner time, we shall all head to the famous Suzi's Corner for
dinner and catching up with fellow trekkers.

Do bring a little xtra ringgit for this meal, those who loves to have
some beer, go ahead! :)

.
Costing (SGD $128) per pax

.
Please kindly do the transfer within 3 days after confirming your
seats with me or it will be release to others.

.
Group size limited to 12 pax Only

.
All meals will be own cost other than the breakfast voucher that comes
with the room, i don't see the point of increasing the cost here as
there will be tons of good and cheap food in KL and you will be spoilt
for choices.

.
Included will be

1) Chartered bus transport/ transfer for entire trip duration.

2) 01 Night DECENT budget hotel stay in Deluxe room including
breakfast voucher (Twin sharing)

.
Meeting time will be at (18th May) 11.30 pm at Woodlands MRT (Outside
Macdonald's) and we shall proceed to board our chartered bus.

.
ITEMS TO BRING

Valid Passport (At least 6 months validity and VISA for other
nationals)
Headlamp
Poncho/raincoat
2L drinking water
Malaysian ringgit for meals
Hat
Sunblock
Insect repellant
Cheap gardening glove (Ladies do bring as the rocks are sharp!)
Personal medication if any (Ventolin etc etc...)
Wear proper trek shoes

.
For those who are keen please sms or call me at 900 400 32 for
available slots before doing of fund transfer to

(POSB SAVINGS ACCOUNT 547-10265-7)

Closing date 11th May or before when the max of 12 pax is reach.

.
In event of trip cancellation due to insufficient participants,
political unrest, natural disaster or whatever Flu, a full refund will
be done in 3 working days.

.
DISCLAIMER

The above mentioned event/activity is organised purely for social and
recreational purposes. As such, the coordinators WILL NOT be and
CANNOT be held responsible for any mishaps and/or accidents whatsoever
arising from your participation in this event/activity.

Please kindly help me email this trek information to your friends or
families whom you think might be keen to go on this trip, your help
will be greatly appreciated!!!

.
Thank You!
Adrian

Adrian

Apr 19, 2012, 11:26:51 AM4/19/12
to Singapore Trekkers
4 seats left....

Adrian

Apr 19, 2012, 11:55:53 PM4/19/12
to Singapore Trekkers

1 last seat to go...

Adrian

Apr 20, 2012, 10:20:26 PM4/20/12
to Singapore Trekkers
Trip is full, will update in few days if any drop out....

Adrian

Apr 22, 2012, 2:34:24 AM4/22/12
to Singapore Trekkers

A couple cant make this trip so 2 seats available....

Adrian

May 1, 2012, 9:24:15 AM5/1/12
to Singapore Trekkers
Hi Peeps,

Just some clarifications on Tabur trip as i have a few enquiries, i
think some of you might be confuse... :)

Lemme explain...

Bukit Tabur itself has a TOTAL OF 4 TRAILS.

Tabur 1 (Tabur West)
Tabur 2 (Tabur East)
Tabur 3 (Tabur Far East)
Tabur 4 (Tabur Xtreme)

(Tabur West) is the most climbed trail, followed by (Tabur East).

(Tabur Far East) and (Tabur Xtreme) is the more recent newer less
travelled trails which are opened not too long ago.... They are much
harder to find as some parts of the trails are still partially
overgrowned.

And obviously these newer places are more pristine with less human
intrusion.

This trip, the location is (Tabur Xtreme).

Hope this clarifies... :)

Adrian

May 3, 2012, 6:51:24 AM5/3/12
to Singapore Trekkers
Hi Peeps,

All the confirmed seats are already taken...

Another fellow trekker might be due to fly for business so might or
might not give up his seat.

NOTE: This seat is NOT 100% confirmed so if you are keen to go, pls
contact me and i will pass you his contacts. You will liase with him
directly on the status.

Adrian

May 3, 2012, 11:06:28 AM5/3/12
to Singapore Trekkers