Gunung Datuk Sunrise Trek Fri 16th - Sat 17th March 2012

Adrian

Mar 2, 2012, 2:42:32 AM3/2/12
to Singapore Trekkers
Hi Peeps,

Here is something easy... but do note that some basicfitness level is
required to complete this. :)

This favourite trek probably needs no introduction. Ideal for
beginners with BASIC FITNESS LEVEL yet offering a spectacular scenic
view at the summit for a mountain under a thousand meters high.

At 870m, Gunung Datuk is considered a short mountain and the hike up
to the summit takes about 2-3 hours. The summit offers a splendid full
360 degree unobstructed panorama view of the entire state, you can
even see the Straits of Melaka on a good day. To reach the summit,
hikers need to climb up a ladder section near the top. Once atop, the
summit feels windy as it is basically an exposed rocky outcrop. This
is a short interesting trek which can be completed by any reasonably
fit hiker.

As usual, we will start the trek up around 4am for those not so
confident trekkers.

For those SEASONED OLD BIRDS... who already climb this place umpteen
times, you can OWN TIME OWN TARGET lah... as i know some of you can
arrive under 1.5 hours...

.
Pictures can be found here

http://singaporetrekkers.multiply.com/photos/album/2/Gunung_Datuk_nig

.
(SGD $69 Per Pax)

.
Group size 24 pax max.

.
Closing date 14th March or before when the max of 24 pax is reached.

.
INCLUDED WILL BE

1. Chartered bus transport (Spore-Datuk-Spore)

2. Decent meal at local restaurant

3. Climbing fees

.
Meeting time will be on (Fri 16th March, 11.45 PM ) at Woodlands MRT
outside Freshness Burger area to board our chartered bus.

Arrival back to Spore the next day will be approx 1900 hrs.

.
ITEMS TO BRING

Valid Passport (At least 6 months validity and VISA for other
nationals)
Employment Pass / Work Permit (If applicable)
Headlamp or torchlight
Rain gear/ Waterproof your items like passport, Hp etc etc...
Spare clothes/ towel
2 L drinking water
Packed breakfast (breakfast at summit)
Insect repellant (Best is SAF type, cheap and good)
Personal medication if any
Wear proper shoes, Kampong Adidas preferred

.
For those who are keen, please sms or call me at 900 400 32 to confirm
available slots before doing of fund transfer to

(POSB SAVINGS ACCOUNT 547-10265-7)

In event of trip cancellation due to insufficient participants,
political unrest, natural disaster or unexpected military training, a
full refund will be done in 3 working days.

.
DISCLAIMER
The above mentioned event/activity is organised purely for social and
recreational purposes. As such, the coordinators WILL NOT be and
CANNOT be held responsible for any mishaps and/or accidents whatsoever
arising from your participation in this event/activity.

.
Please kindly help me email this trek information to your friends or
families whom you think might be keen to go on this trip, your help
will be greatly appreciated!!!

.
Thank You!
Adrian

Adrian

Mar 2, 2012, 2:43:40 AM3/2/12
to Singapore Trekkers
18 more seats to go....

Adrian

Mar 2, 2012, 2:56:15 AM3/2/12
to Singapore Trekkers
Note: THIS IS CONSIDERED A DAY TREK...

There will be proper bathing facilities after the trek!

Adrian

Mar 4, 2012, 12:37:24 AM3/4/12
to Singapore Trekkers
14 seats to go....
> > > For those who are keen, please sms or call me at900 400 32to confirm

Adrian

Mar 5, 2012, 5:20:38 PM3/5/12
to Singapore Trekkers
Opps.... tink this time round the info posted out really is too late
as most of you already made plans...

Will scale this down to a 12 pax trip.

2 LAST SEATS TO GO...

Adrian