Upcoming trip for April! :)

Adrian

Mar 5, 2012, 6:17:51 PM3/5/12
to Singapore Trekkers
Hi Peeps,

For April, We will be going to another road less travelled!!!

Woohoo!!! GUNUNG YELLOW and the MOSSY TUNNEL here we come! :)

Highlight of the trip will be the Mossy Tunnel!

I call it the Mossy Tunnel because that one particular area is soooo
thick in moss that it is like a tunnel... UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT 360
DEGREES ALL AROUND is mosses.

The mosses are in absolutely pristine conditions, very untouch and
beautiful.

Btw Gunung Yellow itself is also known to be beautiful...

Those of you who have been to the commercialize Mossy Forest Walk in
Cameron, It is an ABSOLUTE WASTE OF TIME once you have seen the mossy
tunnel.... Hehe....

Gunung Yellow is located in Cameron Highlands along the Irau-Yellow-
Pass traverse trek. To get there, it is usually a very tough 2 day 1
night trek lasting more than 20 hours on full load for the average
trekker...

BUT this time round it will be a DAY TREK!

We will be doing the REVERSE TREK, Gunung Pass, Gunung Yellow before
arriving at the Mossy Tunnel...

This is a Gunung Yellow trek but EXTENDED VERSION.

This trek is not meant for the faint hearted either, it will take an
average of 12-14 hours to complete but it won't be as bad as the
camping version on full load though...

We will start trek at daybreak and finishing probably by night fall...

Those who are game for this, keep a lookout here. I should post out
the info in abt a week or so...

Adrian

Adrian

Mar 5, 2012, 6:36:30 PM3/5/12
to Singapore Trekkers
Oh Yes....

Whatever you read on the internet posted by the Malaysians....

Please read them with a PINCH OF SALT....

These people are NOT HUMAN.... They run on turbo engines!

To alot of them, Gunung Nuang is just like Bukit Timah....

Their trek timings can be very MISLEADING FOR THE AVERAGE trekker on
this side of the bridge.... Haha!

Adrian

Mar 13, 2012, 12:57:13 AM3/13/12
to Singapore Trekkers
Dates are confirmed!

13th - 15th April 2012

Just settled all the logistics, will post out full info very soon.