Do you know any ROR bootcamps that offer Free tuitions

Deepak Singh

Sep 26, 2015, 10:49:31 PM9/26/15
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Hi, I 'm looking for a ROR Boot camp that Provides Free tuition and charges only on successful Placements in the Form of 10% - 20% Salary of 1st Year.

About Me :

I have a Computer Science Engineering Background but working as a banker . I completely dislike my present Job and want to learn ROR so as to work at a startup for some years and thereafter build my own Tech Startup.

Does anyone know of some program or boot camp that can help me achieve me this. I will be really glad for any help in this regard.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

Winston Teo

Sep 27, 2015, 12:06:28 AM9/27/15
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
You might have to go out of Singapore for those.

Alphacamp and General Assembly are now in SG. I think Alphacamp will be looking to start their bootcamps soon, but I don't think they are on the "Free Tuition" model (probably too much risk). Not sure about GA (highly doubt so).

If you have a good foundation in computer science, I would even suggest that you try out some online courses to, e.g. onemonthrails etc. You might already be able to learn a bit from these online courses, and then supplement it with apprenticeship at a local company.

Winston

Yasith Fernando

Sep 27, 2015, 6:33:27 AM9/27/15
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
+1 to what Winston said. And to add to that, I recently met a guy who used to be a mechanical engineer (for a good 5 or 6 years). He followed an online course (google teamtreehouse, paid) and managed to join one of the leading RoR startups here as a junior dev. So it's definitely possible. Attending the meetups might also help you find peers and mentors, and to stay motivated.

Cheers,
Yas

Ohad Levy

Sep 27, 2015, 7:12:12 AM9/27/15
to singap...@googlegroups.com

On Sep 27, 2015 13:33, "Yasith Fernando" <yas...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 to what Winston said. And to add to that, I recently met a guy who used to be a mechanical engineer (for a good 5 or 6 years). He followed an online course (google teamtreehouse, paid) and managed to join one of the leading RoR startups here as a junior dev. So it's definitely possible. Attending the meetups might also help you find peers and mentors, and to stay motivated.

And yet another option, try finding an open source RoR project that you can contribute to, you might get famous :)