The first Singapore HCI Paperthon: 9-12 January 2019

Alex Mitchell

Jan 7, 2019, 1:45:42 AM1/7/19
to Singapore HCI Announce
We'll be holding the first Singapore HCI Paperthon this coming Thursday 9 January to Sunday 12 January 2019. A paperthon is a competition in which students form teams to quickly test a research idea and write a paper for it. All graduate students working on HCI-related topics and based in Singapore are welcome to join the paperthon.

We will be holding a briefing about the paperthon on Thursday 9 January at 4pm at the NUS HCI lab (http://www.nus-hci.org/contact/). For those who can't make it, we will also be hosting the briefing on Zoom at the following URL: https://washington.zoom.us/j/8239146032.

The Paperthon itself will run from Saturday 11 January 9am through to Sunday 12 January 10pm. Participants can work anywhere they want, and will work together to draft a paper based on their chosen research topic. Faculty members will be available at specified times for consultation via Skype. Final submissions will be done online, with details provided at the briefing on Thursday. For more information, please see the following Google Doc: https://tinyurl.com/ya4uc5qa.

Hope some of you will be taking part. See you on Thursday!

thanks,
Alex

Alex Mitchell

Jan 7, 2019, 1:47:36 AM1/7/19
to Singapore HCI Announce
My apologies, I seem to have my dates shifted by 1 day. Must be the new year... Please see the corrected announcement below:

We'll be holding the first Singapore HCI Paperthon this coming Thursday 10 January to Sunday 13 January 2019. A paperthon is a competition in which students form teams to quickly test a research idea and write a paper for it. All graduate students working on HCI-related topics and based in Singapore are welcome to join the paperthon.

We will be holding a briefing about the paperthon on Thursday 10 January at 4pm at the NUS HCI lab (http://www.nus-hci.org/contact/). For those who can't make it, we will also be hosting the briefing on Zoom at the following URL: https://washington.zoom.us/j/8239146032.

The Paperthon itself will run from Saturday 12 January 9am through to Sunday 13 January 10pm. Participants can work anywhere they want. Faculty members will be available at specified times for consultation via Skype. Final submissions will be done online, with details provided at the briefing on Thursday.