Feb meeting

Kenny Zhuo Ming Lu

Feb 1, 2010, 7:39:30 PM2/1/10
to Singapore Functional Programmers
Dear all,

I would like to remind that the Feb meeting will be on the coming
Monday Feb 08 2010, 7pm.

The talks will be,

1) Title: Introduction to Clojure
Speaker: Mike

2) Title: Haskell Quickcheck
Speaker: Stuart

Best Regards,
Kenny

zan

Feb 1, 2010, 9:18:26 PM2/1/10
to Singapore Functional Programmers
That's great! I'll volunteer for one talk on 'Intro to Scala' in
March. Just curious, anybody in the group using Scala? It'd be great
to find another person to talk to.

Lu Zhuo Ming

Feb 1, 2010, 9:22:55 PM2/1/10
to singapore-functi...@googlegroups.com
That sounds cool! I am also getting my hands on Scala for some research.
We can discuss if you need to.

Regards,
Kenny

sshark

Feb 1, 2010, 9:59:57 PM2/1/10
to singapore-functi...@googlegroups.com
Yes that would be great. I am getting to know Scala better out of curiosity. Hopefully I can use it to simplify some of my Java apps development (initially) in my work.

/lim/

Stuart Croy

Feb 3, 2010, 11:39:56 AM2/3/10
to singapore-functi...@googlegroups.com
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I'd better write something.

BTW we may be able to host the meetings in future, though it may be less convenient that the current situation at RedHat. From what I understand we'd need to register visitors and have our events people organise it.

Regards,
Stuart

Lu Zhuo Ming

Feb 4, 2010, 1:24:13 AM2/4/10
to singapore-functi...@googlegroups.com
@everyone

The meeting will be still at redhat this month.

@Stuart

Would it be too much work for SC event organizing staff to handle it every month?

Kenny