how to execute siren

jello...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2013, 11:31:21 PM6/20/13
to sindi...@googlegroups.com
I've done what the installation steps say to do. I've
  • Install JDK 1.6 (or greater), Maven 2.0.9 (or greater)
  • Download SIREn and unpack it
  • Connect to the top-level of your SIREn installation
  • Run maven
But how do I run siren and add triples?  I can't find this information anywhere.

Renaud Delbru

Jun 21, 2013, 5:20:58 AM6/21/13
to sindi...@googlegroups.com, jello...@gmail.com
Hi,

you can find many information about SIREn on the wiki [1]
SIREn includes also demos that you can run out of the box [2] that show how to index and query data.

[1] https://github.com/rdelbru/SIREn/wiki
[2] https://github.com/rdelbru/SIREn/tree/0.2.3-RC2/siren-core/src/test/java/org/sindice/siren/demo

Regards
--
Renaud Delbru

http://sindice.com http://sig.ma http://www.deri.ie

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sindice Developers" group.

Jello Jones

Jun 22, 2013, 8:33:08 PM6/22/13
to sindi...@googlegroups.com
when I go to the second link it has three branches. When I click the first branch, a bunch of files with their data show up.  How do I execute Siren and add triples, then specify queries?

Renaud Delbru

Jun 24, 2013, 4:53:35 AM6/24/13
to sindi...@googlegroups.com, Jello Jones
Hi,

Download SIREn at [1], follow the build instructions at [2], then you might be able to execute the demo in [3] from your java IDE.

[1] https://github.com/rdelbru/SIREn/archive/0.2.3-RC2.tar.gz
[2] https://github.com/rdelbru/SIREn/blob/0.2.3-RC2/BUILD.txt
[3] https://github.com/rdelbru/SIREn/tree/0.2.3-RC2/siren-core/src/test/java/org/sindice/siren/demo

--
Renaud Delbru

Jello Jones

Jun 24, 2013, 1:59:48 PM6/24/13
to sindi...@googlegroups.com
i've completed steps 1 and 2. How do I execute the siren jar file? I've tried typing java siren-core-0.2.3-snapshot.jar but I get an error.

Renaud Delbru

Jun 25, 2013, 6:40:35 AM6/25/13
to sindi...@googlegroups.com, Jello Jones
If you are new to Java, I would advice to try to execute SIREn from an IDE such as Eclipse, this might be simpler to start.
Otherwise, you can try to deploy the solr version of SIREn and use a rest api to index and query documents. You can find details on how to deploy solr and siren at [1].

[1] https://github.com/rdelbru/SIREn/wiki/Solr-Getting-Started-and-Example
--
Renaud Delbru