how do i remove an index from sindice?

jello...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2013, 3:57:16 PM6/9/13
to sindi...@googlegroups.com
How do I remove an index from Sindice?

Giovanni Tummarello

Jun 9, 2013, 4:25:41 PM6/9/13
to sindice-dev
Hi

to remove a page from sindice you simply have to ping it again making sure the page returns 404 or similar.

That's the theory. The practice is that these days the sindice pipeline is stuck or stuttering at best. Reason for this is in the shift of focus of the team behind it and a transition to .. either a new team or a end of life (still to be understood).

I sincerely apologize for these issues and for the lack of clarity from the outside - the situation has been unclear internally as well but hopefully to be clarified soon.

Gio

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 8:57 PM, <jello...@gmail.com> wrote:
How do I remove an index from Sindice?

http://sindice.com http://sig.ma http://www.deri.ie

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sindice Developers" group.

Jello Jones

Jun 9, 2013, 7:28:54 PM6/9/13
to sindi...@googlegroups.com
can I ping my sitemap.xml file to get sindice to update my indexes? If so, I've tried this 3 days ago and they still haven't been updated.  Pls advise.

Giovanni Tummarello

Jun 9, 2013, 8:16:29 PM6/9/13
to sindice-dev
Sindice ingestion pipeline halted means both pings and sitemaps unfortunately.
I commit posting updates as soon as the situation is clarified, could be weeks, shouldnt be more.

Gio

Jello Jones

Jun 9, 2013, 8:26:55 PM6/9/13
to sindi...@googlegroups.com
Is there any way you can force my updates? I can't afford to wait weeks, as I'm about to finish my dissertation and really need the data.

Giovanni Tummarello

Jun 10, 2013, 10:29:59 AM6/10/13
to sindice-dev
I regret this being the case Jello,
Not sure what data you need but have you considered emulating the the sindice lifecycle? it can be done easily by pipelining any23.org +  a local triplestore index.. (for sparql queries) or siren.sindice.com you'll have a mini sindice quickly to try the full loop
Gio

Jello Jones

Jun 10, 2013, 12:33:17 PM6/10/13
to sindi...@googlegroups.com
How do I pipeline any23.org + a local triplestore index?

Jello Jones

Jun 21, 2013, 12:12:44 AM6/21/13
to sindi...@googlegroups.com
please let me know when it is functional again

Jello Jones

Jun 24, 2013, 1:33:17 PM6/24/13
to sindi...@googlegroups.com
i've downloaded siren and installed it but can't find any reference as to how to execute it.  How do I execute siren?