current state of sindice?

ziqi zhang

Jan 27, 2014, 5:48:06 AM1/27/14
to sindi...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I noticed that the Sindice sparql endpoint is down since last week. I wonder if there's major update going on?
Also is it possible to know how up-to-date is the current index, as I noticed that some queries do not bring back webpages I was hoping for. For example, search for "the great gatsby" the 2013 movie on with the domain restriciton of imdb brings back no result.

Many thanks!

Renaud Delbru

Jan 27, 2014, 12:06:35 PM1/27/14
to sindi...@googlegroups.com
Hi

On 27/01/2014 10:48, ziqi zhang wrote:
Hi
I noticed that the Sindice sparql endpoint is down since last week. I wonder if there's major update going on?

Unfortunately, there is no plan of actions to bring the sparql endpoint back up in the next days or weeks.

Also is it possible to know how up-to-date is the current index, as I noticed that some queries do not bring back webpages I was hoping for. For example, search for "the great gatsby" the 2013 movie on with the domain restriciton of imdb brings back no result.

There are no plan on continuing to update frequently large datasets such as imdb anymore. The ping service is the only method for updating documents in Sindice.

Kind Regards,
--
Renaud Delbru

Many thanks!

http://sindice.com http://sig.ma http://www.deri.ie

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sindice Developers" group.