Sindice Analytics questions

Richard Cyganiak

Aug 9, 2013, 2:26:45 PM8/9/13
to sindi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have some questions about the Analytics feature available at http://demo.sindice.net/dataset/ .

1. Can the statistics that power this feature (the graph summary data) be downloaded somewhere? I know they can be queried through the Sindice SPARQL endpoint, but I'm curious about bulk access.

2. It says on some of the pages: "Analytics graph <http://sindice.com/analytics> contains 630.87M statements and was computed 2012-06-18". At what schedule is the analytics data regenerated?

3. Are the statistics generated using this codebase?
Or is Sindice using something else internally?

Thanks,
Richard

P.S. It seems like this feature is supposed to be accessible from the Analytics tab on the sindice.com homepage, but the form seems to be broken and takes users to the wrong places.

Giovanni Tummarello

Aug 11, 2013, 11:18:19 AM8/11/13
to sindice-dev
Hi Richard

1) no problem getting you bulk access, stephane in CC can provide you
the graph somehow , along with the explanation. An indetail paper was
just accepted at Idea2013, btw if you're interested in much more
2) we havent regenerated the anlytics recently but Sindice.com is not
currently crawling so i dont expect data to be much different.
3) that codebase will generate the statistics for existing sparql
endpoints. For non sparql endpoints a mapreduce version is used, which
is quite difficult to run, requires an hadoop cluster and specific
steps.
within the lod2 EU project we're now working on a "RDF Analytics"
service that will allow you to upload your data and get the file out,
we'll announce it on sindice when ready

hopes this helps
Gio
> --
> --
>
> http://sindice.com http://sig.ma http://www.deri.ie
>
> ---
> "Sindice Developers" group.
> email to sindice-dev...@googlegroups.com.

Richard Cyganiak

Aug 11, 2013, 1:11:58 PM8/11/13
to sindi...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I'll talk to Stephane about bulk access. The RDF Analytics service definitely sounds interesting.

Thanks,
Richard