FreeBSD Deployment using FLAVORS?

BeeRich33

Aug 24, 2018, 7:42:41 AM8/24/18
to sinatrarb
Hi folks.

Anybody deploy Sinatra on FreeBSD lately?  Their new FLAVORS stuff has Passenger dependent upon a strange version of ruby, and disallows any choice of an rbenv derived ruby, which is what I think a normal deployment would be using:

passenger_ruby        /usr/local/bin/ruby24;
#        passenger_ruby                          /home/myuser/.rbenv/shims/ruby;       # what I want to be using

Because it's not a managed ruby at all (rbenv or RVM), it has no Gemfile, no direction, etc.  So the site trips up on not having a bundler.  Hence I am stuck.

Does anybody have an idea how this can be fixed?  Any insight appreciated.

Cheers

BeeRich

Aug 25, 2018, 3:19:12 AM8/25/18
to sina...@googlegroups.com
Nevermind.

FreeBSD has changed since my last interest.

And tech people wonder why sales are slow.
Cheers
bee...@gmail.com