Issue with editing required_params.rb in sinatra-contrib

Arpit Chauhan

May 27, 2018, 4:17:10 PM5/27/18
to sinatrarb
Hi everyone,

I was trying to create a small patch by editing the file

sinatra
-contrib/lib/sinatra/required_params.rb

And then editing the corresponding spec file

sinatra-contrib/spec/required_params_spec.rb

but what I noticed that no matter what change I do to the required_params.rb file, it has no effect on the results of the tests.

It's almost certainly the case that this file isn't even loaded when I run my test.

Please help me understand why this is happening and/or how to fix this.

Thanks!

Arpit Chauhan

May 28, 2018, 2:40:54 PM5/28/18
to sina...@googlegroups.com
It seems the files in sinatra-contrib are being loaded from the sinatra-contrib gem installed on my machine, not my copy of the sinatra code. That's why.

Best,
Arpit Chauhan