hi.rb example at http://www.sinatrarb.com/ hangs!!

crir...@multiservice.com

Mar 1, 2016, 3:44:21 PM3/1/16
to sinatrarb
This is very frustrating. On my work computer, the hi.rb example at http://www.sinatrarb.com/  hangs. When I invoke curl, I get:

US-C17Q49L6G8WN:~ crirvine$ curl -v http://localhost:4567/

*   Trying ::1...

* Connected to localhost (::1) port 4567 (#0)

> GET / HTTP/1.1

> Host: localhost:4567

> Accept: */*

It just hangs there until I control-c out. This is while I'm running on my wireless connection from home.

On my home computer (both macs), on the same wireless network, the get command returns "hi" as expected. I'm new to Sinatra and Ruby, and don't know how to debug this.

I'd really appreciate some pointers on how I should trouble shoot this.

Thanks

Zachary Scott

Mar 2, 2016, 7:57:51 AM3/2/16
to sina...@googlegroups.com
How did you install Sinatra?

Also, can you paste the output from the web server log (after running `ruby myapp.rb`)?

Thanks!