Need some help with the B210 and Matlab

Meny Sidar

Nov 13, 2015, 10:00:22 AM11/13/15
to Simulink-USRP
Hello everybody

I'm currently working on a project for my university,
i need to monitor mobile phones parameters such as RSSI,IMEI and others.
The idea is that i could use those parameters to triangulate nearby phones (by getting closer to them).

I don't really know how to get started,
i've read a lot of material online and still don't really know what to do.

Do i need to establish a cellular network using the B210?
Or can i somehow just "scan" the area, and intercept phones nearby?
Do i need to recive full packets (the prject will be based on LTE) from the network and take the parameters from there?

Any assistance on this subjet will be very helpful, i just dont know where to start.

Thank you very much!