Help!

Giuseppe Ferrante

Jan 17, 2011, 10:29:12 AM1/17/11
to Simulink-USRP
Hi, i'm working to open bts project with USRP1 ad Simulink! I'm
trying to receve a GSM signal from a USRP v.1. My target is get this
signal and discover the transmission frequencies of the
closest BTS. So i'm using simulink connecting the ursp_source. so i'm
a bit confused about the type of signal that i get from the usrp! i'm
wondering if the signal that i get into my computer are bit stream or
a packet or sample stream. could you explain me this doubt?

Stefan Nagel

Jan 17, 2011, 10:39:19 AM1/17/11
to simuli...@googlegroups.com
The USRP FPGA sends a data stream to the USB chip on the board. This
chip buffers the data and sends it to the USB chip on your computer
where the data are buffered again. You can configure the buffer size
with the USRP Helper block. Simulink takes now arrays with a size
corresponding to the configured frame length in the USRP source block
and works on these frames.
So in Simulink you are working on frames, not on bit streams. For more
information of frame-based and sample-based processing refer to the
Simulink Users Guide

Cheers Stefan

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Stefan Nagel
Research Associate

Kaiserstrasse 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe, Germany

Phone: +49 721 608-3791
Fax: +49 721 608-6071
Email: stefan...@kit.edu
Web: http://www.cel.kit.edu

KIT � University of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg and

Giuseppe Ferrante

Jan 17, 2011, 11:14:11 AM1/17/11
to Simulink-USRP
Dear Dr. Stefan,
thanks a lot for your help!
I have another question for you: the data transfered from the USRP to
simulink is simply the GSM signal sampled and bufferized from the USRP
or it is a stream of bits elaborated by USRP device.
Therefore, I would like to understand wthat is the frame sent from
USRP to PC? Perhaps, is it the control bits sent from Base Station and
received and elaborated from to USRP before they are sent trhough usb
to pc?

Thanks in advanced.
Best Regards,
Giuseppe Ferrante
> Phone:+49 721 608-3791begin_of_the_skype_highlighting            +49 721 608-3791      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
> Fax:   +49 721 608-6071
> Email: stefan.na...@kit.edu
> Web:  http://www.cel.kit.edu
>
> KIT University of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg and

Giuseppe Ferrante

Jan 17, 2011, 11:36:17 AM1/17/11
to Simulink-USRP

Stefan Nagel

Jan 18, 2011, 4:41:28 AM1/18/11
to simuli...@googlegroups.com
The USRP is only sampling the time signal on a frequency you specifiy
with a certain bandwidth you specify. That's all. Further signal
processing is up to you

Jorge Rincon

Jan 25, 2014, 1:00:27 PM1/25/14
to simuli...@googlegroups.com, storx...@gmail.com
Hello good day.

I wonder if you can help me with a good document to test the operation of the USRP1 with Simulink in Matllab, I have the Blast xvr2450, but I find no evidence that illustrates me in a good way, thanks.

Gayathri Kongara

Jan 25, 2014, 6:43:07 PM1/25/14
to simuli...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Have you tested the Simulink USRP1 SDR platform to ensure there are no configuration issues? Can you give info on what a Blast xvr2450? is it a Simulink model of a transceiver that will be used with xvr2450 daughterboard?

Regds,
Gayathri

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 5:00 AM, Jorge Rincon <lanch...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hello good day.

I wonder if you can help me with a good document to test the operation of the USRP1 with Simulink in Matllab, I have the Blast xvr2450, but I find no evidence that illustrates me in a good way, thanks.

Jorge Rincon

Jan 26, 2014, 11:19:30 PM1/26/14
to simuli...@googlegroups.com

Hello Good Day.

We are trying to work with USRP1, regarding your question, use daughterboards XCVR2450.

summarizing what we are doing, we want to work with Matlab, but we are also investigating how the process with GNU radio.

-Matlab toolbox necessary to add the blocks source USRP and USRP sink was installed, and we appreciate that this part right.

but when attempting to perform a basic test such as spectrum analyzer, we are not sure if we are doing well.

I appreciate if you have information regarding the management or basic tests for transmission with USRP1

from Colombia jorge ivan rincon - ivan camilo barriga, thanks, hope you can help.

Michael Schwall

Jan 27, 2014, 7:40:28 AM1/27/14
to simuli...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

you should switch to Simulink-UHD. The old USRP driver (and hence Simulink-USRP) is not supported any more. Follow the instructions on

https://github.com/kit-cel/simulink-uhd

if you want to use Simulink.

Best Regards
Michael

Jorge Rincon

Jan 28, 2014, 11:10:44 AM1/28/14
to simuli...@googlegroups.com

hello.
the idea is to work with Matlab and Simulink but Windows.

and perform the installation of the Toolbox that lets you use the USRP1.

What is not clear is how to perform a basic function test (transmission), given that we use a Daugtherboard XCVR2450.

you can help us with this situation?
appreciate your cooperation.

Jorge Rincon

Feb 3, 2014, 1:05:06 PM2/3/14
to simuli...@googlegroups.com

Good day.

I have the following concerns, I am installing the toolbox for Matlab in Windows, which lets you use the USRP1, but in step I should choose the compiler option does not appear in matlab me what should I do? appreciate your cooperation.

>> mex -setup

Welcome to mex -setup.  This utility will help you set up
a default compiler.  For a list of supported compilers, see
http://www.mathworks.com/support/compilers/R2012b/win32.html

Please choose your compiler for building MEX-files:

Would you like mex to locate installed compilers [y]/n? y

Select a compiler:
[1] Lcc-win32 C 2.4.1 in E:\MATLAB\R2012b\sys\lcc

[0] None

arslan rasheed

Feb 6, 2014, 2:39:01 AM2/6/14
to simuli...@googlegroups.com, storx...@gmail.com

I would like to ask whether USRP2 FLEX900 board works as a transciever or not? if yes then how to make it TRx? i mean shall I run both the transmitter and receiver in the same window? I tried but for that USRP2 starts receiving instead of transmitting. kindly help me in this regard