Matlab message

Andrex

Feb 14, 2011, 5:28:37 PM2/14/11
to Simulink-USRP
Hello again,
Well, as you knew, i've had several inconvenients with the usrp
driver, but i solved it using the libUSB-Win32. That was easy but i
had to read a lot for understand it. However, i've found another
problem. My laptop recognize the USRP and i've installed Simulink-
USRP-2.1.3.zip from the website: www.cel.kit.edu, and my Matlab works
with this package. I connect the device and Simulink shows the serial
number and if it's connected or not a daugtherboard. But the problem
appears when i'm trying to use the USRP on Simulink, and shows me a
message.
This is the message that Matlab shows when i'm trying to get start the
Simulink-USRP demo, for example:
"write_cmd failed"
"usb_control_msg failed: libusb0-dll:err [control_msg] sending control
message failed, win error: A device attached to the system is not
functioning."

I don't know exactly what's the problem, but i suspect that this comes
from the dll libusb0. Please help me as soon as posible.
Greetings from Ecuador.

Michael Schwall

Feb 15, 2011, 2:39:57 AM2/15/11
to simuli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrex,

you are right. It sounds like a libusb or driver problem. We never got
this kind of error. I'm not quite sure why you are using libUSB-Win32
because its integrated in the Simulink-USRP package.

So, I really have no experience with this. Here are some points you can
check:

- Is the USRP hardware working correct? Did you try to run it with
GNURadio from a different PC?
- If you got driver error during installation --> remove the driver, and
reinstall the driver from the website
- Did the function usrpBuildBinaries produce an error?
- Locate the source file which produces the error "libusb0-dll:err" and
do a recursive error search

Greetings
Michael

Andrex

Feb 15, 2011, 11:40:03 PM2/15/11
to Simulink-USRP
Hi Michael, thank you for your time.

Well, you said that the libUSB-Win32 is integrated in Simulink-USRP
package, then I don't know what exactly i have to do, because I've
been doing exactly what said in this web http://www.cel.kit.edu/english/installation.php
and the USRP hardware works really well, but I've got this problem.
I'd be really grateful if you tell me what exactly I have to do and,
off course, what Matlab version should I use?.

I'm using Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and Microsoft
Windows SDK v6.1. The Operating System is Windows 7 Home Premium
(64bits).

Thank you again for your time and good luck.

Greetings from beautiful Quito, Ecuador.
Andres.

Michael Schwall

Feb 18, 2011, 3:49:09 AM2/18/11
to simuli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrex,

we only have experience with Matlab version newer than 2009b.

Ok, try this:

1) Remove all drivers and Simulink-USRP files
2) Download the USRP-Driver-1.1.zip and extract the package
3) Connect the USRP to the PC. If you are ask for a driver, point to the
directory of the USRP-Driver (USRP.inf)
4) Check if the USRP is installed correctly in the Windows Device
Manager (like the picture on the website)
5) If yes, download Simulink-USRP-2.1.3.zip and extract the package to
C:\Simulink-USRP
6) Start Matlab
7) Run >> mex -setup --> choose the Microsoft Compiler
8) Set path to C:\Simulink-USRP\bin and C:\Simulink-USRP\blockset
9) Run >> usrpBuildBinaries in Matlab Command
10) If everything proceeded fine --> Restart the PC --> Start Matlab and
open the Scope Demo

I hope it will work.

Greetings
Michael

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Michael Schwall
Research Associate

Kaiserstrasse 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe, Germany

Phone: +49 721 608-46276
Fax: +49 721 608-46071
Email: michael...@kit.edu
Web: http://www.cel.kit.edu

KIT – University of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg and

Andres Angulo

Mar 9, 2011, 11:03:56 AM3/9/11
to Simulink-USRP
Thank you so much, I finally got my laptop recognize the USRP with
Matlab. I'm really grateful for your help.

On 18 feb, 03:49, Michael Schwall <michael.schw...@kit.edu> wrote:
> Hi Andrex,
>
> we only have experience with Matlab version newer than 2009b.
>
> Ok, try this:
>
> 1) Remove all drivers and Simulink-USRP files
> 2) Download the USRP-Driver-1.1.zip and extract the package
> 3) Connect the USRP to the PC. If you are ask for a driver, point to the
> directory of the USRP-Driver (USRP.inf)
> 4) Check if the USRP is installed correctly in the Windows Device
> Manager (like the picture on the website)
> 5) If yes, download Simulink-USRP-2.1.3.zip and extract the package to
> C:\Simulink-USRP
> 6) Start Matlab
> 7) Run >> mex -setup --> choose the Microsoft Compiler
> 8) Set path to C:\Simulink-USRP\bin and C:\Simulink-USRP\blockset
> 9) Run >> usrpBuildBinaries in Matlab Command
> 10) If everything proceeded fine --> Restart the PC --> Start Matlab and
> open the Scope Demo
>
> I hope it will work.
>
> Greetings
> Michael
>
> Am Dienstag, den 15.02.2011, 20:40 -0800 schrieb Andrex:
>

> > Hi Michael, thank you for your time.
>
> > Well, you said that the libUSB-Win32 is integrated in Simulink-USRP
> > package, then I don't know what exactly i have to do, because I've
> > been doing exactly what said in this webhttp://www.cel.kit.edu/english/installation.php
> Email: michael.schw...@kit.edu

dpmon...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2012, 9:13:25 AM10/19/12
to simuli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrex,

Did you ever determine what your problem was?  I know, it has been a while since you go this to work, but I'm having the same problem now.  Hopefully, you remember what you tried!

Thank you,

David

Jorge Rincon

Feb 4, 2014, 9:53:24 AM2/4/14
to simuli...@googlegroups.com

Good day, I am installing the toolbox to use USRP1 in matlab, but when choosing the compiler with mex-setup command in MATLAB does not recognize it, I tried and I could not.

I appreciate your help.

Jorge Rincon

Feb 4, 2014, 9:55:38 AM2/4/14
to simuli...@googlegroups.com

Schwall, Michael (CEL)

Feb 5, 2014, 2:16:09 AM2/5/14
to simuli...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I assume you are using Windows. If a compatible Microsoft compiler is
installed, it should show up. Otherwise, you only see LCC. But this
compiler won't work. For a list of compatible compilers, visit the
Matlab website.

Since the USRP1 driver and our Simulink-USRP interface are not
maintained anymore, you should switch to the new USRP Hardware Driver
(UHD) and our Simulink-UHD interface.

https://github.com/kit-cel/simulink-uhd

Regards
Michael