Moving content between google accounts?

NatalieF

Jun 30, 2010, 6:19:32 AM6/30/10
to Simpletext.ws
I have a new google account (this one) but have been using
simpletext.ws to cross-platform sync my text content between WriteRoom
on my iPhone and mac as well as using the simpletext.ws web interface
on other platforms. Is thete any way to move my content from the old
google account to this one so that I do not keep having to log in and
out of the two accounts?

Jesse Grosjean

Jun 30, 2010, 12:49:07 PM6/30/10
to simple...@googlegroups.com
The easiest way to do this might be with the SimpleText for Mac client
software. You can download that and see a screencast of how it works
from this page on my site:

http://www.hogbaysoftware.com/products/simpletext

What you should do:

1. Login with simpletext to your old Google account.
3. Copy the text files from your Mac's local SimpleText folder that
are synced down to your computer desktop.
4. Now logout SimpleText for Mac, and login with your new Google account.
6. Copy the files from your desktop into your newly synced SimpleText
folder on your mac.

I think that should do it, but keep backups of your files until you
are sure that they got copied to the new account.

Jesse

Natalie Ford

Jun 30, 2010, 2:32:47 PM6/30/10
to simple...@googlegroups.com
That is what I have already tried and, yes, it worked! You could add it to the manual, I guess. P.S. I am on Leopard not Snow Leopard OSX. ;-p

--
Natalie
http://www.natalieford.com/