32 bit mode

1 view

Jando

May 19, 2010, 1:06:41 AM5/19/10
to Simpletext.ws
Hi,

Just wondering what utility there is of running Simpletext.ws as 64
bit under Leopard. Is running as 32 bit sufficient?

Jesse Grosjean

May 19, 2010, 11:19:08 AM5/19/10
to simple...@googlegroups.com
> Just wondering what utility there is of running Simpletext.ws as 64
> bit under Leopard.  Is running as 32 bit sufficient?

I don't remember all the details, but generally all new apps are
encoraged to run as 64 bit. For an app like Simpletext the extra
address space doesn't mean much, but they've also made a number of
changes to the runtime to make things a bit better/cleaner. So I think
eventually all apps will and should be 64 bit, but I doubt running
Simpletext as 32 would make any difference...

Jesse