Compatibility with Safari 5?

Christopher Miles

Jun 11, 2010, 6:10:44 AM6/11/10
to Simpletext.ws
I am on Mac OS 10.5.8 running Safari 5. When I load Simpletext.ws in
Safari, I so only the top navigation bar, but no list of documents.
Previous versions of Safari have worked fine. Also works fine in
Firefox on the same machine. Wondering if anyone else is having the
same issue?

Bill Smargiassi

Jun 11, 2010, 10:50:55 AM6/11/10
to simple...@googlegroups.com
10.6.3 here, I don't see any difference from what Safari 4 looked like. I tested it on a PowerPC running 10.5.8 with Safari 5 and it also appears fine. I've never run it on the PPC before.

Jesse Grosjean

Jun 11, 2010, 11:17:37 AM6/11/10
to simple...@googlegroups.com
It seems to be working for me in Safari 5. Can you try logging out and
then log in again to make sure that you are signed in using the
correct account?

Jesse

Grant Heaslip

Jun 11, 2010, 12:04:06 PM6/11/10
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Have you installed any extensions? You might find that one of them is interfering with SimpleText.

Lmd64

Jun 14, 2010, 5:44:30 AM6/14/10
to Simpletext.ws
I'm experiencing the same on Safari 5 on a WinXP environment, no
extensions enabled/installed. The app menubar displays as normal, but
the filename bar remains fixed as 'Loading...'. There's no activity on
the browser bar (ie, it's not stuck attempting to load data/run
javascript)
I've tested signing in/out multiple times, still get the same result.

One thing I've noticed, the html behind the Sign Out link is the
following:
where [emailaddress]= jesse's email address at hogbaysoftware

I've tried debugging the javascript with pause on exceptions toggled
on, it consistently crashses the browser each time (with this not-so-
terribly useful message):
The instruction at "0x016e2499" referenced memory at "0x00000029". The
memory could no be "read".

Hope this is of some use in fixing the issue!

Liam

snverhallen

Jun 17, 2010, 6:19:27 PM6/17/10
to Simpletext.ws
Just thought I'd say that Simpletext.ws is working perfectly for me.
I'm on an iMac C2D running 10.6.4 on Safari 5 with the following
extensions installed:

NoMoreiTunes
Instasafari
Type-To-Navigate
Gmail Checker
Save For Later
YouTube5

PS.

On a sidenote I noticed that if you leave the extensions pref pane
open in the Safari prefs and try and open Safari prefs again it'll
lock up Safari and crash it.

On Jun 11, 12:10 pm, Christopher Miles

sandrasue

Jun 17, 2010, 4:49:56 PM6/17/10
to Simpletext.ws
I am experiencing the same problem on a MacBook Pro. I signed in and
out and it didn't help. Then signed in using Firefox and could see
all documents. After I signed out and went back to Safari 5, all was
well.

Sandee

LDOP

Jun 24, 2010, 9:50:49 PM6/24/10
to Simpletext.ws
I am having the same problem as the original poster. I'm on OS 10.6.4
and just upgraded to Safari 5.0. When I go to the SimpleText.ws
website, all I get is the navigation bar with the word "Loading..." on
it. No files are visible. When I go to my other Mac that is running
the previous version of Safari, everything appears as expected.

Jesse Grosjean

Jun 25, 2010, 1:15:12 PM6/25/10
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Maybe try refreshing the site? Clearing cache? It all seem to work for
me in Safari 5, so far.

Jesse

LDOP

Jun 26, 2010, 10:17:02 AM6/26/10
to Simpletext.ws
Still no luck. I cleared the cache, signed out and back in, then
reloaded the page.

Works in Firefox, though.

johannes

Jul 9, 2010, 5:31:25 AM7/9/10
to Simpletext.ws
me too
safari 5
it just sits there saying "loading" in the menubar...
none of the suggested solutions work for me.

tclucas5

Jul 15, 2010, 7:56:46 PM7/15/10
to Simpletext.ws
same exact problem. I'm still able to sync between WR for iPhone and
SimpleText for desktop.

Jesse Grosjean

Jul 19, 2010, 10:47:54 AM7/19/10
to simple...@googlegroups.com
This is a bug in the latest safari. I'm likely to just leave it for
now. Hope they will fix the issue. Otherwise I'm in the process of
switching sync to dropbox in anycase.

Jesse