Sign in inconsistencies

Nicolas Robel

Jun 28, 2010, 7:43:09 AM6/28/10
to Simpletext.ws
Hi,

I've installed Simplextext on my 2 Macs (10.5) and my colleague has
also installed it on his laptop (10.6). We share the same Google
account allowing us to share the same Taskpaper documents. Apart from
the problem I'm discribing below, it works smoothly and brings us the
solution we were looking for (see Taskpaper forum's post:
http://tinyurl.com/2fb26v9).

So, I've noticed that it doesn't always automatically sign in (I've
the "Start on log in" preference turn on). Sometimes it does,
sometimes it doesn't. How can we make sure it signs in automatically,
so that we don't need to check if the files are synched?

Thanks in advance for your help, best,

Nicolas

Jesse Grosjean

Jul 13, 2010, 12:15:16 PM7/13/10
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I'm not sure what's causing this issue right now. For now I
think just doing a manual sync on startup might be best. Currently my
effort is focused on moving to dropbox for a sync system. That should
be a much more powerful solution, so I'm focused on that instead of
working on all the little simpletext issues.

Jesse

Nicolas Robel

Jul 14, 2010, 8:05:36 AM7/14/10
to Simpletext.ws
Ok, that'd do the trick (we're already relying on human behaviour for
that issue) and I understand you want to focus on the new solution.
But, as you've been mentioning the DropBox move for a while, what can
we expect in terms of multi-users collaboration on the same Taskpaper
file. With my design partner, we moved to Simpletext to be able to
work on the same file without overwriting eachother. The collaboration
was not that handy as we had to ask if the file was closed or saved
before working on it.

So, I'm curious to know what the DropBox solution will offer.

Thanks & best,

Nicolas

Jesse Grosjean

Jul 19, 2010, 10:34:42 AM7/19/10
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Nicolas,

The dropbox solution should work the same as the Simpletext one. If
two files are changed at the same time the system will merge the
changes if possible, if not it will fall back to the standard dropbox
behavior of creating two files each with it's own set of changes.

jesse