no vertical scroll-bar on FireFox 3.6.3 (OS X 10.6.3 and WinXP)

sergei.s.69

Apr 21, 2010, 7:15:27 AM4/21/10
to Simpletext.ws
Hi,

As of recent update of FireFox to version 3.6.3 there is no longer a
vertical scroll-bar when I view long files in SimpleText.ws. The
scroll-bars are present if I use Safari (and even Internet Explorer on
Windows), but FireFox refuses to show one (this problem is present on
both Win and Mac OS).

Should I be patient and wait for the next update, ditch / downgrade
FireFox (which I am kinda forced to do if I want to scroll my txt
files) or could it be fixed in SimpleText?

Any advises / recommendations are welcome!

Thanks.

Jon Skovron

Apr 21, 2010, 2:17:22 PM4/21/10
to Simpletext.ws
Strange. It works for me on FF 3.6.3. Are you using the latest version
of Simepletext? Could it be a conflict w/ an add-on?

sergei.s.69

Apr 22, 2010, 9:48:09 PM4/22/10
to Simpletext.ws
Thanks for the pointers.

I have tried to disable all the add-ons, but that didn't change
anything - still no vertical scroll-bar

Re "latest version of Simpletext", I am using the web interface (using
the url "www.simpletext.ws" then signing in), so there is no
installations / versions to play with. I tried clearing the cache, but
that didn't work either.

I will try downgrading to FF 3.5 and see what happens

cheers

Jon Skovron

Apr 23, 2010, 3:56:27 PM4/23/10
to Simpletext.ws
Oops, sorry, I forget not everyone self-hosts Simpletext ;)

OKay, here's what I'm seeing on further investigation, using the main
Simpletext.ws site. Running 10.6.3 and FF 3.6.3, I _do_ have a scroll
bar for long documents, so I'm not sure what's going on with your
browser. Maybe a theme/skin that you're using? I can't think of
another variation that would cause us to have different results.

BUT, Jesse, this might need to go on your todo list: On the main Open
page, I don't have a scroll bar for my list of documents. So I
actually can't open those docs that don't fit in the top of the
browser window. This only seems to be an issue with FF. Scrollbar
appears just fine with Safari and Chrome.