Problems staying signed in

Jackson Fox

Mar 24, 2011, 2:26:22 AM3/24/11
to simple...@googlegroups.com
I'm about ready to give up on SimpleText for a few reasons:
  • I keep getting signed out of SimpleText
  • SimpleText doesn't tell me I'm signed out, so I don't realize sync isn't working
  • When I do realize that sync isn't working, I have to sign in again
  • I use Google's 2-step authentication, so each time I sign in I have to create a new special password just for SimpleText
The result of all this is that SimpleText never seems to actually work. I wish it would, since I love having multiple computers and my iPhone synced. I've gone back to using Dropbox to keep my computers synced because it just works.

-- jackson

Jesse Grosjean

Mar 24, 2011, 1:08:17 PM3/24/11
to simple...@googlegroups.com, Jackson Fox
Jackson,

I agree PlainText isn't ideal. We are actually moving all of our apps
to a Dropbox based sync system. You can try PlainText (free in app
store) to try our first app that uses the Dropbox sync system. Next
will be WriteRoom and then TaskPaper.

Jesse

Jackson Fox

Mar 24, 2011, 3:57:01 PM3/24/11
to Jesse Grosjean, simple...@googlegroups.com
Jesse,

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing the new versions as they roll out. As it happens, a friend recommended I check out PlainText just today.

-- jackson