Warning - Don't try to MOVE the system databases (tempDB or Master)

Rob Kraft

Nov 27, 2007, 9:59:23 PM11/27/07
to SimpleSQLBackup
I just realized that the MOVE feature includes the Master database and
the tempDB databases in the list of databases you can move. This has
not been tested and is likely to cause problems. I suspect that
attempting to MOVE master will simply fail. I suspect that moving
tempDB may succeed, but it will require a restart of SQL Server to
take affect.
I will remove the MOVE option for those 2 databases in a future
release; or change the program so that the MOVE option works for them.