I get an error running the KraftSimpleSQL.Exe from a network drive

Rob Kraft

Apr 13, 2008, 5:31:33 PM4/13/08
to SimpleSQLBackup
When I try to run KraftSimpleSQL.exe it gets an error before any
screens display. The error is "Simple SQL Backup has encountered a
problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

The KraftSimpleSQL.exe reads and writes data in the registry;
therefore in must run in a zone with "Full Trust". By default, any
program running from a hard drive on your computer is in the "My
Computer" zone which has "Full Trust".

At present, you cannot assign "Full Trust" permission to the
executable because version .62 does not have a strong name.

An error with an event type of clr20r3 in system.security.security
indicates the program does not have "Full Trust".

You should be able to run KraftSimpleSQL.exe from your local hard
drive.