SimpleSAMLphp 1.17.0

Jaime Pérez Crespo

Mar 7, 2019, 6:22:46 AM3/7/19
to simplesamlp...@googlegroups.com, 'Jaime Pérez Crespo' via SimpleSAMLphp
Hi all,

We are pleased to announce the next stable release of SimpleSAMLphp, version 1.17.

https://github.com/simplesamlphp/simplesamlphp/releases/tag/v1.17.0

This is a minor version, meaning it should keep backwards-compatibility with the previous ones. The biggest change in this occasion is the minimum version of PHP supported, which has been bumped to 5.5. As such, if you want to run this version of SimpleSAMLphp you will need to make sure your PHP installation is up to at least version 5.5, although a minimum of PHP 5.6 is recommended. Note that PHP 5.4, 5.5 and 7.0 are already unsupported by the PHP development. Take a look at the upgrade notes for more information:

https://simplesamlphp.org/docs/1.17/simplesamlphp-upgrade-notes-1.17

Version 1.17 accumulates many improvements and changes in preparation for the future 2.0 release. In particular, a preview of the new user interface is now available for those willing to see what’s coming. This was possible thanks to the immense help of our many contributors, and I would like to thank specially Tim van Dijen who put a lot effort on this in the past months. Please have a look at the changelog for a complete list of changes:

https://simplesamlphp.org/docs/1.17/simplesamlphp-changelog

We would really appreciate if you give this release candidate a try and report any feedback to us.

Regards,

Jaime Pérez
UNINETT / Feide

jaime...@uninett.no
jaime...@protonmail.com
9A08 EA20 E062 70B4 616B 43E3 562A FE3A 6293 62C2

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."
- Robert Frost

Jaime Pérez Crespo

Mar 7, 2019, 9:50:03 AM3/7/19
to 'Jaime Pérez Crespo' via SimpleSAMLphp, simplesamlp...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

We have noticed an issue with composer that made it impossible to install new modules on a SimpleSAMLphp installation extracted from the official package being distributed. SimpleSAMLphp 1.17.1 has been released in order to correct this.

Note that if SimpleSAMLphp 1.17.0 was installed with composer itself, this was no issue at all.