Changing web directories

ja...@jled.org

Dec 26, 2006, 9:49:42 PM12/26/06
to simpleness
I am installing simpleness for the first time and am trying to install
it NOT to the root of my webserver. I thought I had found everyplace
to change to my root directory for simpless but am having some
problems. When I click login, the box pops up and I enter my info, it
then redirects me to a page that would be at the root of my webserver.
I am not sure what file I need to look at after the login process.

Also, I guess thru cookies it accepted my credentials and I was able to
get to the screen to start a scan. I entered the info and when I tried
to start it an error said "Nessus rc file
(/srv/www/simple/audits/rcfiles/.nessusrc.ms) does not exist."

I found one file that had a reference to /srv/www..... and changed
that but apparently there is another place.

TIA for any help.

Kartikeya Puri

Dec 27, 2006, 1:35:40 AM12/27/06
to simpl...@googlegroups.com
for your authentication related problems you should look into vAuthenticat\authconfig.php. Change the success, faliure variables to point to right directions. Also have a look into vAuthenticate.php which is outside audit and vAuthenticate folder. That file is what authenticates you and sends you in right direction i.e.will redirect you to the right page.

See if that helps.
--
Im not under d affluence of incohol as some tinkle peep.Im not half as thunk as u drink.I fool so feelish and da drunker i stand here da longer i get..

sawall

Dec 27, 2006, 9:55:37 AM12/27/06
to simpl...@googlegroups.com
Jason - see inline with your message.  hope this helps some.  please feel free to keep asking questions.

Chris

On 12/26/06, ja...@jled.org <ja...@jled.org> wrote:

I am installing simpleness for the first time and am trying to install
it NOT to the root of my webserver.  I thought I had found everyplace
to change to my root directory for simpless but am having some
problems.  When I click login, the box pops up and I enter my info, it
then redirects me to a page that would be at the root of my webserver.
I am not sure what file I need to look at after the login process.

Kartikeya's response should answer the question above.  If you're trying to change how the process works, you'll have to look through all of the files.  both vAuthenticate.php files, the auth.php file and the authconfig.php file.  however, you may want to review how vAuthenticate works.  i don't recall if i left the README in the vAuthenticate folder, i didn't right that app but just integrated it into simpleness and changed it to meet my needs.  but the main concept of the app is the same.  there are some strict rules on placement of the files and it's placement within the website.  i believe it does have to do with cookies and how it's remembering who you are for authentication.  if there's not enough info in the vAuthenticate folder or the README is not there for some reason, you can visit the authors website.  if you click on the "Credits" link at the bottom of the screen, it will pop up a screen that has a link to the vAuthenticate app's homepage.

Also, I guess thru cookies it accepted my credentials and I was able to
get to the screen to start a scan.  I entered the info and when I tried
to start it an error said "Nessus rc file
(/srv/www/simple/audits/rcfiles/.nessusrc.ms) does not exist."

if you are getting this error.... did you set the variable appropriately in vars.php ?  although, it does look like you changed the setting.  can you verify that it has appropriate read permissions?  the webserver (apache, nobody or whatever your system uses) will need to be able to read that file.

I found one file that had a reference to /srv/www.....  and changed
that but apparently there is another place.

which file are you referencing?  for the rcfile, it should only be referenced in vars.php if i recall....