automated reports via email

1 view

nessessary

Jan 28, 2009, 1:12:28 PM1/28/09
to simpleness
I need the Nessus vulnerability scans that I schedule to report
results automatically via email. Can Simpleness take a scheduled
scan's critical-high result and automatically email the result (say,
for example, to an operator)?

nessessary

Jan 28, 2009, 1:19:34 PM1/28/09
to simpleness
I apologize if this is double-posted.

Can simpleness schedule a critical-high report and automatically email
the report to a valid email account?

Kartikeya Puri

Jan 28, 2009, 1:35:04 PM1/28/09
to simpl...@googlegroups.com
Hmm I am guessing that you will need to mod the php code a bit, should not be all that difficult as the results are stored in db. Let me see if I can check the code.

Cheers,
Kartik
--
Im not under d affluence of incohol as some tinkle peep.Im not half as thunk as u drink.I fool so feelish and da drunker i stand here da longer i get..

nessessary

Jan 28, 2009, 2:04:28 PM1/28/09
to simpleness
Thank you.
Hopefully it's a pretty easy thing to do.

On Jan 28, 1:35 pm, Kartikeya Puri <kartikeya.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm I am guessing that you will need to mod the php code a bit, should not
> be all that difficult as the results are stored in db. Let me see if I can
> check the code.
>
> Cheers,
> Kartik

nessessary

Jan 29, 2009, 4:43:55 PM1/29/09
to simpleness
Is there any news yet?

Kartikeya Puri

Jan 30, 2009, 1:22:32 AM1/30/09
to simpl...@googlegroups.com
I am looking into the code of 2.1.1 but i will have to check where the importing part is done (run_nesjobs.pl ???)... That is where you can add the details required with $mailprog. After teh scan is done and dbimport is complete, run a query on the latest scan and collect all high items, add that to the mail data and shoot another mail similarly to the mail tht you get when completing the scan. Chris can varify if it will work or not..

Cheers,
Kartik

sawall

Feb 2, 2009, 3:38:23 PM2/2/09
to simpleness
necessary -

the app will already send an email to the person who initiated the
scan, if that option is selected. it will send the full results.
maybe i'm missing what you're asking for. the scans can be
scheduled. can you clarify?

sawall

nessessary

Feb 4, 2009, 2:20:08 PM2/4/09
to simpleness
Let me see if I can get the basics to work and then I'll come back to
this issue.

It seems as though it'll probably be possible wo too much.