Double

Alex Guerreiro

Mar 20, 2011, 4:36:48 PM3/20/11
to SimpleJPA
Hello Guys,

I noticed that SimpleJPA stores Double values as String in the simple
db, so how can I work with Double values correctly?
Is there any additional jar to download?

thanks!

Travis Reeder

May 3, 2011, 2:03:13 AM5/3/11
to simp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Sorry for the extremely late reply, but I don't think floats/doubles are handled the best way yet.  There are some things here: https://github.com/appoxy/simplejpa/blob/master/core/src/main/java/com/spaceprogram/simplejpa/util/AmazonSimpleDBUtil.java

But I think the typica library might be using the best way:

which is based on this:

I suppose we could borrow that and implement doubles pretty easily.

Travis

Alex Guerreiro

May 3, 2011, 10:13:52 AM5/3/11
to simp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Travis,

I noticed that the double and floats are saved as String, but when I recover it from simpledb the values are correct, so its fine to me.

thanks

Alex