Forthcoming changes

Dibyendu Majumdar

Dec 12, 2009, 8:32:16 AM12/12/09
to SimpleDBM User Group
Hi,

I have been working on a network client server api for SimpleDBM. I
hope to check in a working implementation in the next few days.

To ensure that the network client does not need to have the SimpleDBM-
RSS and SimpleDBM-Database jars locally installed, I am moving a
couple of classes (TableDefinition and IndexDefinition) out of
SimpleDBM-Database to SimpleDBM-Typesystem. Previously I had
refactored SimpleDBM-RSS, extracting some of the common components to
SimpleDBM-Common, for similar reasons. The idea is that the network
client should not need the server components.

I will make sure that all the tests and the samples continue to work
before I check the new stuff in.

Regards

Dibyendu

Dibyendu Majumdar

Dec 20, 2009, 6:02:14 AM12/20/09
to SimpleDBM User Group
I have checked in the initial implementation of the network client
server.
As mentioned before, some classes/interfaces have been moved to
remove
dependencies between client and server components. These are:

TableDefinition and implementation - moved to simpledbm-common
IndexDefinition and implementation - moved to simpledbm-common
IsolationMode - moved to simpledbm-common
LockMode - moved to simpledbm-common

I expect to update the documentation in the next few days.

Regards