oracle support for oracle advanced security

Nicole Pasikowski

Mar 29, 2016, 10:32:51 AM3/29/16
to Simple.Data, pasik...@michigan.gov
Hi,

I'm an Oracle DBA with the state of Michigan working with a company called Bently who is using your Simple.Data version 0.18.3.1 product. In testing connectivity with the database I believe your product is not supporting Oracle's Network Encryption product. We are using network encryption with the following parameters:

SQLNET.CRYPTO_CHECKSUM_SERVER = required
SQLNET.CRYPTO_CHECKSUM_TYPES_SERVER= (MD5)
SQLNET.CRYPTO_SEED = 'XXXX12345*(&(^*&^"
SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_TYPES_SERVER= (AES256,RC4_256)
SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_SERVER = required

to ensure that all traffic between the database and clients is encrypted and secure. I am wondering if you can confirm this is a limitation and or if there is a way to configure your product so that it will work with this encryption method. Here is more documentation on Oracle's encryption:

Nicole Pasikowski

Jon Scolamiero

Mar 29, 2016, 10:58:59 AM3/29/16
to Simple.Data, pasik...@michigan.gov
Hi Nicole,

I can't answer all of your question, however I do know that in the past I have had to fork the Oracle provider in order to fix some specific issues with it.  It's a bit complicated at first, but other than the async loading of the database schema it's pretty straight forward.  That being said, the Oracle provider is not maintained by Mark as far as I know, and is no longer being maintained by the original author, so we have to use a custom internal version for anything we do with Oracle databases.