Login Issues Google Chrome

Peter

Jan 6, 2012, 10:38:03 PM1/6/12
to Simple PHP Framework
Ive started a new project using the simple php framework and have
found that once I set everything up i.e config, database etc I can't
login using google chrome; however everything works fine using
firefox.

Im just getting a blank page in chrome which hasn't happen to me
before when using this framework. At the moment im stumped at whats
causing this; ive checked chrome cookies which check out just fine. Im
using the sql file provided on github to build the user & session
tables.

Peter

Jan 7, 2012, 1:05:50 AM1/7/12
to Simple PHP Framework
I should note that this is all happening on my localhost.

Extra Info:
IE does not work either.

If I use the same config, auth and database classes that shine uses I
dont have a problem.

Still dont understand why the latest files are causing me problems.

Nils Lagerkvist

Jan 7, 2012, 9:18:06 AM1/7/12
to simple-php...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter

This is a browser "feature", the fastest thing is to change your host file in windows or linux (the machine running the web browser).

Edit the host file in %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\ (or /etc/hosts on linux)

127.0.0.1   localhost
127.0.0.1   test.mydomain.com

Then you can surf to test.mydomain.com, and your cookies will work.

//Nils

Peter

Jan 7, 2012, 2:58:39 PM1/7/12
to Simple PHP Framework