Hardware compatibility

Nippy

Jun 12, 2015, 9:10:29 AM6/12/15
to simple-ope...@googlegroups.com
I'm new to all this (literally less than 2 days new) ...
I want to use Processing and SimpleOpenNI, both of which I have installed on my Mac (OS X 10.9.5).
I ordered a Kinect and a power supply.
I think the Kinect might be a new model -- can you help me understand the hardware stuff...
If has a single wire with an end that looks like a square with a small rectangle section on one side of the square.
The adapter I bought doesn't fit -- it is just a square shape (no little rectangle sticking out).

Did I get the wrong adapter?
Or did I get the wrong Kinect (in order to use with my Mac).

Thanks for any help!